A tweet from my friend, @iain2008 lead me to the following post: Creating a Better Future for Children by John D. Walker, M.D.
It has been said that ” the only way to predict the future is to create it.”We can make it happen. But there is great wisdom in the well known lyrics, “If you don’t have a dream, How can you make your dream come true?”
So let us dream?
- Let’s dream of teaching children not just how to count but also what counts.
- Let’s dream of education that means learning how to be a good mother, father, husband, and wife.
- Let’s dream of school children that, long before they are even biologically capable of conceiving a child, are already experts in the art and science of nurturing children.
- Let’s dream of class rooms where nurturing skills are practiced like ABCs; where students can articulate their feelings as well as they can their facts.
- Let’s dream of books and channels so filled with stories of virtue that by the time a child finished elementary school he has already seen 100,000 examples of unselfishness, courage, truth, justice, integrity and honor in sports and in life.
- Let’s dream of a world wide web of distance learning and virtual training in the important practical aspects of family life.
- Let’s dream of families that know that ” a hundred years from now it won’t matter what their bank account was, the kind of house they lived in, or the kind of car they drove, but the world may be different because they were important in the life of a child.“
- Let’s dream. And now let’s all work hard to make that dream come true.”
Dream with me, what do you wish the future to be for your children?