5 New Updates From Clubhouse We Love!
Clubhouse updated their app this past Sunday and there are some awesome new features I wanted to share with you!
1. Invite people to your club: Want to share your club event with your friends, but they aren’t on the Clubhouse app yet? No problem! Now you can share a link with them that allows them to skip the waitlist, join your room, and join your club.
2. Events on club pages: When you visit a club page, upcoming events for the club are now displayed right above the club’s “About” section! You can also swipe left to see more events.
3. Higher quality audio: The default audio quality is now higher so everyone will sound better. Plus, you can adjust your audio quality personally by tapping the “…” when you’re speaking and tapping Audio Quality.
4. “On a call” indicator: If someone receives a phone call while on stage, a badge will appear on their profile photo to indicate that they’re on a call. This should help eliminate confusion if someone speaking suddenly goes silent!
5. Language-specific suggestions: When people around the world would search for topics on Clubhouse, a lot of English suggestions would pop up. Now with this new update, suggestions take language into account so they’ll be a lot more relevant to the person searching.
And if you missed it from the previous update on April 5th…
Payments: Users can send payments to speakers they want to support. Simply go to the speaker’s profile, tap “Send Money,” then enter an amount. It’s that easy! You’ll be prompted to add a payment method the first time you do this.
What’s amazing is that 100% of the payment goes directly to the speaker! The person sending the money is charged a small card processing fee that goes to Clubhouse’s payment processing partner, but Clubhouse takes nothing.
If you are already on the app, give me a follow @angelamaiers and join me on the Curvy Couch to talk about education on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 PM MST!