You may have heard me or someone you know mention the social media app Clubhouse, and I am not going to be shy about how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this space.
I want to make the case now for you. So here are the 10 things that I love the most.
10 Things to Love About Clubhouse: In No Particular Order
1. Community: No matter what your interests are, Clubhouse has a community of people for you!
2. Connections: Clubhouse is a great way to connect with people from all over the world with the tap of a button.
3. Collective Genius: I have always believed the smartest person in the room IS the room. In Clubhouse we not only strive to give equal voice to all, but the combination of voices in our rooms is breathtaking.
4. Diversity: Clubhouse is filled with celebrities, athletes, artists, entrepreneurs, business owners, industry professionals, inventors, investors and soon to be friends. Clubhouse has been the most accessible and easy way to connect and network with people that I could have never been in conversation with otherwise.
5.Togetherness: With a pandemic making us feel as separated as ever, Clubhouse is a great way to still feel in touch with other people.
6. Ideas: Clubhouse gives you the ability to listen in to other people’s geniuses and there are so many amazing ideas being shared every day.
7.Listening: Listening allows us to look within ourselves and become aware of the barriers that inhibit our ability to listen effectively. As we better understand, our listening muscle strengthens and so do our relationships.
8. Authenticity: I know, I know that this is an overused word, but it is the true magic of Clubhouse. From Elon Musk to some of my all time favorite authors, leaders, and colleagues, hearing people share parts of themselves that they don’t reveal in more formal places has been stunning.
9.Presence: It is hard to be fully present with one another. But this app manifests our presence by its very design. There are no chat rooms, emojis, or recordings. What you get in the moment is a direct result of how present you were for the experience.
10. Low Tech-High Touch: What really separates Clubhouse from other social media platforms is the real-time speed of communication and the authenticity of voice. Hearing someone talk conveys human cues that you can’t get from text like emotion, tone and energy. The “low tech” almost forces us to exercise high touch strategies to secure trust and connection. It reminds and rewards us for being our most human.
If you are already on the app, give me a follow @angelamaiers and join our #ClubhouseEDU Room on Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 3:30 p.m.
If you are not on the app, here is a guide to walk you through.
Happy Listening, Learning and Leading!